The Flyers AHL affiliate, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms, released their regular season schedule on Monday. The Phantoms haven’t had any overwhelming success since they were the Philadelphia Phantoms, playing out of the Spectrum, but this year the Phantoms could make it back into the playoffs. This year’s roster will be stacked with talented prospects and high-end AHL vets who may not force themselves onto the Flyers roster.
The Phantoms will start their 3rd season at the PPL center on October 15th against the Springfield Thunderbirds. After that, the Phantoms won’t be spending much time on home ice. In their first 20 games, 14 will be played on the road. Their longest stretch of road games is five games from Oct. 28th – Nov. 4th that stretch is matched later in the season with a trip from Mar. 5 – Mar. 18th.
This season the Phantoms are focusing on going against the rivals they’ve made in their time at the PPL Center. Keeping the Battle of Pennsylvania strong into the AHL, the Phantoms will play the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins twelve times over the season. “We’re extremely excited to release this thrilling schedule to our fans,” Phantoms Executive Vice President Chris Porreca said. “It highlights the intense rivalries established during our first two seasons in the Lehigh Valley and sets the stage for our most captivating year at PPL Center yet.” They’ll also play a dozen games against the Hershey Bears, the Washington Capitals affiliate.
The Phantoms will also have to play three games in three days 8 different times this season, two of those stretches are in January, possibly making it the most difficult month of the season.
- Fri. 10/28 at Hartford, Sat. 10/29 at Bridgeport and Sun 10/30 at Hershey
- Fri 11/11 at Utica, Sat. 11/12 vs. Toronto and Sun 11/13 at Hershey
- Fri. 12/2 vs. Hershey, Sat. 12/3 at Hershey and Sun 12/4 at Bridgeport
- Fri 1/6 at Hartford, Sat 1/7 vs. Albany and Sun 1/8 vs. Utica
- Fri 1/20 vs. W-B/Scranton, Sat 1/21 vs. Providence and Sun 1/22 at Hershey
- Fri 2/17 vs. Hartford, Sat 2/18 vs. Hartford and Sun 2/19 at Utica
- Fri 3/3 at Springfield, Sat 3/4 at Hartford and Sun 3/5 at Providence
- Fri 3/31 vs. Bridgeport, Sat 4/1 at W-B/Scranton and Sun 4/2 at Hershey
You can see the full schedule on the Phantoms site HERE.